A thriving school district in the heart of Colorado Springs will enhance the quality of life and business opportunities for all our residents. A well-prepared and educated student body will directly contribute to the critical growth and success of our region. Children are the most valuable resource of our community and it is our moral responsibility to prepare every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career, and community.
Excellence in Education for ALL
Education is the great equalizer and provides choices. I personally learned the value of a well-rounded education growing up in India and its potential to create unparalled opportunities. I want to ensure that every child in District 11 has access to a high-quality education and every staff member has the necessary resources and structures to fully empower our students. All means ALL and I will honor the rich diversity of our community in promoting educational equity for every D11 stakeholder so that everyone can participate, excel, and reach their full potential.
Transparency, communication, and responsible stewardship of taxpayer’s dollars is fundamental for building trust within the community. As the Chairman of the District Accountability Committee for the past two years, I consistently advocated for the implementation of all educational programs with fidelity for the benefit of our students. I will continue to be a vocal proponent of honest conversations, responsible stewardship of district resources, fiscal prudence, and financial responsibility. I hold myself accountable to follow through on promises made to the community and expect other decision-makers to do the same.
It takes an entire community to meet the social, emotional, cultural, and academic needs of a child. I passionately believe that schools are vibrant hubs of our community that bring together diverse groups and drive economic growth. I have built relationships in the D11 community by listening respectfully, weighing all input objectively, and focusing on creative student-centered solutions to the challenges facing our district. I will continue to advocate for a safe, welcoming learning environment for students and their families in our schools, and strategically collaborating with our community partners to provide a network of supports for our students.
- Deeply passionate about public education and individual student success;
- Committed to the “Students first approach” in making critical decisions;
- Pledged to transparency and responsible stewardship at all levels;
- Driven to provide all our students/staff with a safe environment and the necessary resources so they can achieve their full potential in our schools;
- Energized to empower our students to innovatively adapt to evolving challenges including providing access to project based learning and personalized learning opportunities;
- Invested in developing the whole child, so as a graduate they are well-equipped for college, career opportunities, and community;
- Focused on cultivating a school culture of contributing to our dynamic and diverse community in a purposeful/meaningful manner;
- Motivated to engage our stakeholders and transform our schools into vibrant hubs of our community.
- Chairman, District Accountability Committee (DAC), District 11 – 2017-2019
- Co-Chair, School Accountability Committee Chair – Vera Scott Elementary – 2015-2019
- CSEA Honored Friend of Education Recognition, 2019
- El Paso Council PTA Volunteer of the Year 2018 – Scott Elementary
- DAC Budget Subcommittee, District 11 – 2016-2019
- DAC Accreditation Subcommittee, District 11 – 2016-2019
- Core Planning Team Member, D11 Strategic Plan, 2019
- Member and Chair, Charter School Evaluation Committee, 2017-2019
- Awarded $5,000 Lowes' Toolbox for Education grant to start an Outdoor Learning Center at Scott Elementary.
- Active volunteer at various District 11 schools
- Volunteered/Supported Care and Share Food Bank of Southern Colorado, Susan G. Komen Race for Cure events, Urban Peak of Colorado Springs.